Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time Mocks Me


Time. I wish there were an abundance of it. Instead he, the god Cronos, instead sneers at me from a distance, just staying out of reach. I suppose if I didn't desire to sleep to help keep the depression at bay, I could effectively have more time, but whatever. My first class this quarter is grueling. It has the usual heavy reading load, but a writing load excessive even by English Lit. graduate status: approximately 10 pages of writing per week. So needless to say, it eats a lot of time. Then of course, work and baby. And now we have to somehow scramble packing and cleaning of the house in preparation for moving. Hah. Time laughs.

I began a modified South Beach Diet plan ontop of Weight Watchers. I began just yesterday and will probably need to use this blog to keep my sanity for the first two weeks without bread or white sugary foods. I still do fruits, and diary, especially diary of the chocolate kind. I did this before my wedding the same way and it was effective. I'd like to say my exercise has started up again but it has not; again that whole time thing. I need to set aside at least a half hour to practice dance. I will need to do that anyway beginning in February. I will be dancing twice a week because we'll be practicing for the St. Patrick's Day performances which means I'll need to also practice outside class time. I did almost do the treble jig to fast real time in class last week. I was very proud. I'm finding hard shoe enjoyable and it gives one a killer (re: ouch, my legs hurt) inner thigh workout. I also discovered the birthcontrol pill they placed me on, Yasmin, was probably causing more trouble than I needed. I had had other issues with it for a while but apparently its very well known to kill your libido as well as make one overweight; two of my main problems. So I requested getting back on Ovcon 35 which I great with, but Kaiser doesn't carry it so they put me on something else similar to Ovcon. I start that on Sunday. Lets hope it restores my body back to normal.

Lilly is so close to walking its amazing. She can hold on with one hand and walk around forever. I got her to walk at my side just holding my hand for a little bit. She tries to let go and stumbles still. Half the time I don't think she realizes she's standing all by herself without holding on to anything. At this rate it appears she will be running back Faire season :)

I am going to bite the bullet and get new garb for this run. Even if I lose another chunk of weight, my boobs haven't shrank and won't fit in my bodice anyway and I somehow doubt this jello c-section tummy will ever go away even if I'm back down to pre-preggo size so I am eyeing a a bodice, skirt and a second chemise and am in need of new shoes as well. Ouch and ugh, I wish I could sew; oh wait, there's the whole time issue...again.

Damn you, Cronos.

No comments: